Setting up your first appointment
- When you call to set up your first appointment, we will ask you a few brief questions about any health concerns you may wish to address, in order to determine if we can best meet your needs or if a referral elsewhere is recommended.
- Fees for all services and copays are due at the time of service. We do accept most types of health insurance plans. If you have medical insurance that covers acupuncture, we will help you verify benefits before or soon after your first treatment. You are expected to pay full fees until we have verified insurance benefits and information regarding deductibles, copays, maximum number of visits, medical requirements, and percentage of coverage. Once this information is confirmed, we can bill your insurance accordingly. Please bring your insurance card to your first visit for verification as well. Also note that herbs and supplements are not generally covered by insurance. You are responsible for payment of fees for Medical Services if your Insurance Company does not remit payment for the claims.
- I do offer cash discounts as package prices for those without health insurance. Please inquire if you are interested.
- Your initial appointment will be about 90 minutes long and include a detailed health history, consultation, and initial treatment. Please download and print the forms to be filled out ahead of time here (see links below), or come in at least 15 minutes early to fill them out at the office. Please also bring in all current medications, supplements, and herbs along with any recent lab or test results to your first visit.
Follow up appointments
Our goal is to give you the most benefit out of the least number of treatments.
- During your second visit, you will receive a personalized package of recommendations with a schedule and educational handouts. For all cases, we emphasize self care education to help maintain and improve the progress made in the early stages of treatment.
Treatments and duration
- Initial consultation and treatment – 90 minutes
- Follow-up acupuncture treatments – 60 minutes
- Therapeutic Massage – 30 or 60 minutes
- Prenatal labor preparation treatments – 90 minutes
- Labor and delivery support – about 3 hours
Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
- Office hours are by appointment only. Should you be unable to keep your appointment, we require at least 24-hour notice in order to keep the schedule open for wait-listed patients. A $40 fee will apply to late cancellations or missed appointments, except in the case of family and personal emergencies, sudden illness, and a mom’s labor starting. Please note for appointments purchased in a package – the missed, cancelled, or rescheduled appointment will be deducted from the number of remaining appointments in that package. Thank you for your consideration of this policy.
Make an appointment
- Call Jenny to make an appointment at 831-535-3785. Office hours at Health Dragon Healing Arts are Thursday: 9:30am-1:30pm, Friday: 2-6pm, Saturday: 9:30am-5pm. House visits are determined on a case by case basis.
Download New Patient Forms
Thank you for taking the time to download and fill in these forms completely. This information will help me be more effective with diagnosis and treatment. Please bring them to your first appointment.
Welcome packet for all new patients:
Fertility and pregnancy forms for men and women:
Benefits and Eligibility for Patients with Insurance: